The FC2 Female Condom provides hormone-free, latex-free protection against unintended pregnancy and STDs. And since FC2 can be inserted several hours prior, you can experience interruption-free intimacy.
- The only FDA approved for market female condom, and is classified as a Class III medical device, proven safe and effective.
- Consists of a nitrile (non-latex) sheath and outer ring, and a polyurethane inner ring. No spermicidal additives.
- Lubricated with a silicone-based lubricant inside and out.
- You can use oil or water-based lubricants with the FC2.
- Pleasure for both partners. FC2 can increase stimulation because the material is natural feeling and warms to body temperature.
Current Product Expiry Date:September,2023
How To Use:
The Female Condom FC2 can be inserted up to 8 hours before sexual intercourse. It contains lubricant on the inside. It shouldn’t be used with a male condom. Use a new condom each time you have intercourse.
- Spread the lubricant by rubbing the sides of the condom together. You can also add lubricant.
- Find a comfortable position to insert the condom. Some women stand with one foot on a chair. Other women sit on the edge of a chair or lie down.
- Insert one finger into the condom. With your other hand, squeeze together the closed end of the condom and place that end into your vagina. Use the finger inside the condom to push the closed end as far into the vagina as it will go.
- The open end of the condom will hang about 2.5 centimetres outside your vagina.
- During intercourse the penis should be inside the condom.
- After ejaculation, remove the condom right away.
- Twist the open outside ring to close off the condom and hold the semen inside before the condom is removed.
- Pull the condom out before you stand up.
The female condom should be removed immediately after intercourse, while the woman is still lying down. The outside ring is twisted to close off the condom and hold the semen inside before the condom is removed.
A new condom should be used with each act of sexual intercourse.
Step by Step Instructions (with visual) From FC2 Site (USA)
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Female Condom FC2
See Text/Discussion by Planned Parenthood