Oral Sex is STILL Sex. That’s why you still need to practice safer sex by placing a barrier (or dam) to prevent skin-to-skin contact if you are performing oral/vaginal or oral/anal sex. You can purchase Harmony Dams in either latex or non latex (polyisoprene ) categories.
Harmony Dams, help reduce the risk of contracting sexually transmitted infections when participating in oral sex. An oral barrier is a thin sheet of rubber latex or polyurethane in a rectangular shape that measures approximately 10″ x 6″.
These Dams are made from soft latex or polyisoprene, and should not be confused with Dental Dams that your dentist uses to isolate your tooth during a dental procedure.
We prefer to use the term “Dams” or “Oral Barriers” instead of calling them “Dental Dams”in order to clear up any confusion between the distinctly unrelated products.
• DO use a new latex or polyurethane dam/barrier every time you
have oral sex.
• DO read the package and check the expiration date.
• DO make sure there are no tears or defects.
• DO put on before starting oral sex and keep it on until finished.
• DO use water-based or silicone-based lubricant to prevent breakage.
• DO store dams/barriers in a cool, dry place.
• DON’T reuse a dam/orals ex barrier.
• DON’T stretch a dam/barrier , as this can cause it to tear.
• DON’T use nonoxynol-9 (a spermicide), which can cause irritation.
• DON’T use oil-based products like baby oil, lotion, petroleum jelly,
or cooking oil because they will cause the dental dam to break.
• DON’T flush dams/barriers down the toilet as they may clog it. As with regular condoms, wrap the used Dam in a tissue and dispose of it in the garbage.